+
  • Felicia Jiamei Lau

    Hello! I'm Jiamei, or Felicia. I'm a full-time Preschool teacher, I enjoy dancing, singing, playing guitar and practicing calligraphy. A sucker for Taylor Swift, Disney and pink things. That kind of sums me up.


Follow me!
Twitter: @fearlessmango
Instagram: @fearlessmango
Facebok: facebook.com/laujiamei
Tumblr: glowoff-thepavements.tumblr.com
Revelation Journal: jm-revelations.blogspot.sg

laujiamei@gmail.com






CREDITS:
Blogskin: ohfudge!
Editor: Me!
Photo Editor: Me!

To the 260 (and still increasing) likes on my Facebook. Here’s probably something you want to read of. I decided to share this on my blog not because I want to show off to the world that I’ve got a boyfriend. But also because it is my blog, and I write important stuff here. And this is important.

It has been a good 4 years since I’m last attached. I’ve grown a lot, mentally, physically, emotionally. My concept changed along the way, the way I think and work changed too. I never saw this whole thing coming but it happened anyway, and I’m so glad that it did. I never thought that I’ll ever be able to love someone this much, but I did. Never thought that anyone will win my heart like this, but he did. So here’s  our story, which hopefully answers all the questions you might have. 

Remus.

We met in tuition class when we were secondary 3. I hated him, honestly. My first impression of him was that he is this super loud and noisy and annoying guy in class. Coming from an all-girl’s school, I don’t have any guy classmate and he is one of the first few. During tuition class, all I wanted to do was to study and get the class done with. But this person (and his friends) HAD to make stupid jokes and laugh ever so loudly when the rest of the class is quiet as a mouse. I’M TRYING TO FOCUS HERE, BRO. And after class, I would think that he ‘stalk’ me home because we would take the same MRT train home but we never really talked. I cannot remember how we eventually got each other’s number but we did. 

So we began texting but nothing much really happened. I remembered our tuition teacher would always ‘ship us’ and I would just hide my face. Moreover at that time, I was also dating someone else and he was just a friend to me. So then everything was as it is until our O level ended. He decided to start texting a few of his friends again to catch up on them and I happen to be one of them. I also so happen to be the only idiotic girl to continue the conversation with him. Fast forward time.. the days turned into weeks, turned into months, turned into years. Our conversations got deeper and our friendship grew as the days past.

We eventually became good friends, really good friend. But things weren’t as smooth as it goes. Somewhere 2 years back, we had a really big quarrel and we just stopped talking for half a year. I guess at this point of time, I really broke his heart. But eventually, we began talking again. Slowly but surely, we became close again. Except that this time, we are closer than before. And so, the daily exchange of texts continues. We understood each other better, we respected each other more. 

Somewhere in the first quarter of this year, our friendship took a little twist. Somehow or rather, we started sending flirtatious messages. (I know. Sounds weird saying this.) Eventually, things started happening. I kind of felt that I’ve already liked him prior to my trip to Sydney. But that trip confirms it. So after I came back, he confessed to me and asked to date me. My reply started like this “I would say yes if…..” and a few conditions were stated. After that day I really considered about us, and everything. I dwelled on our friendship and my feelings for him for some time before I came into a conclusion - that I’ll say yes

I love how we can talk so openly, and not judge each other. I love how he accepts me for who I am. I love how he has always been a constant pillar to me even though I keep on saying that I don’t need anyway. I love how we are such good friends. I love how he made me feel - secure, loved, important. I love how he respects me when I say that I need my own space. I love how he supports me in everything I do. I love how he understands me. 

It has been 2 weeks since we got together, and we finally announced it. Honestly, the hype was funny to watch. But I feel so blessed especially by those of you who personally congratulate me. These 2 weeks just escalated so quickly. Everything was so easy with him, we faced a little hiccup but I’m so glad we are able to just talk about it so openly. Things feels so different this time. I know I’ve never loved someone the way I do to him right now. It’s the same for him too, he never felt this way before. 




Remus, I’m thankful for you. For everything this whole time. Thank you for being my best friend and not giving up on us, for listening to your heart. I promise I’ll try my best, and we will work things out together. Love you so so so much.